- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 24 oz (794 g) fresh broccoli and cauliflower floret mix
- 1 tbsp salt (for the boiling water)
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt, or to taste (for the salad)
- 1 c (8 fl oz/ 237 ml) Ranch Dip
- 1 c (approx. 4 oz/ 113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c scallions (green onion tops), sliced thinly
- In a large pot filled about 2/3 of the way with water, add 1 tbsp. salt and bring it to the boil. While you’re waiting, fill a bowl with water and ice to make an ice bath.
- Add the fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets and return to a boil.
- Blanch florets for 3 minutes, then immediately remove the florets from the boiling water and directly into the ice bath with a slotted spoon (or quickly drain into a collander then immediately plunge into the ice bath) to refresh and stop the cooking process. The broccoli should be bright green and all the florets should still be pretty crisp. Drain once cool to the touch.
- In a mixing bowl, combine blanched florets, seasoned salt, ranch dip, cheddar, scallions, and crumbled bacon. Toss until coated.
- Chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours prior to serving. Serve cold.
Per serving: 252.4 cal, 8.8 g protein, 21.6 g fat, 6.9 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 4.8 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Keywords: Salad, Broccoli, Cheddar, Bacon, Ranch