- 1 lb (16 oz/454 g) fresh green beans, ends lightly trimmed
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/15 ml) avocado oil
- 3/4-1 tsp garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb (16 oz/454 g) thick cut bacon, approx 12 slices, cut in half, width-wise
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/59 ml) your favorite sugar-free BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and dry your green beans, then toss them in a bowl with the avocado oil, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Bind together 4-6 green beans and wrap with half-slice of bacon across the middle, overlapping bacon slightly at the back of the bundle. This should yield approximately 24 bundles.
- Arrange bundles, back-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Brush each bundle with some BBQ sauce, using it all by the end.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes, until bacon is cooked through and beans are nicely roasted.
- If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp the top of the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving hot.
- Reheat any leftovers by broiling them for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through and bacon is re-crisped.
Per approx. 3 bundles: 307 cal, 20.3 g protein, 21.8 g fat, 6.7 g carbs, 1.6 g fiber, 1.3 g sugar alcohol, 3.8 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: Approx. 3 bundles
Keywords: Green beans, bacon bundles, bbq