- 1 small can (8 oz/ 227 g) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. granulated “brown” sweetener (I used Lakanto Golden, but Swerve Brown would be fine)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
- Once cool, store in a large mason jar in the fridge.
I do not recommend omitting the sweetener. That little bit of sweet balances out the acidity from the tomato and vinegar. I personally use a liquid smoke that is sugar free, which I found on Amazon. However, I calculated macros based on the liquid smoke that’s typically available in the grocery store.
Per 1 tbsp.: 5.8 cal, 0.24 g protein, 0.07 g fat, 2.1 g carbs, 0.28 g fiber, 1.82 g sugar alcohol, 0.74 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Keywords: Chili, CHili BBQ, Chili BBQ Sauce, Sauce, BBQ Sauce, BBQ