I like spicy foods. I like citrus. The combination of the two in this fresh and cool slaw makes for an awesome side to burgers, barbecue, or whatever summer fare you’d like to serve! Great for potluck, too.
4.6 g NET carbs per serving
- 1 c (8 fl oz/237 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) chili garlic paste
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1/4 c (approx. 0.15 oz/ 4 g) roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) bagged coleslaw shredded vegetables, tricolor
- 4 scallions, thinly slices, green tops only
- 1/3 c (approx. 1.5 oz / 42 g) roasted and salted pepitas
- To make the dressing, combine sour cream, chili garlic paste, lime juice and zest, cilantro, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together bagged coleslaw vegetables, scallions, and pepitas.
- Add the dressing to the mixed slaw and toss to coat well.
- Cover the container and refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours minimum.
- Serve cold.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 (see Description for NET CARBS)
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Keywords: Chili lime, Coleslaw, summer, barbecue, bbq