As shown, topped with freshly whipped cream and additional dark chocolate shavings.
- 3/4 c plus 2 tbsp (7 fl oz/207 ml) unsweetened carton coconut milk (from the box, not the can)
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 oz (43 g) 95% chocolate, very finely chopped (I used Lindt)
- Pinch sea salt
- (Optional) 1 tsp brown sweetener (I used Swerve Brown)
- freshly whipped heavy cream and chocolate shavings to garnish, if desired
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, heavy cream, and sea salt and whisk together over medium heat.
- Once the mixture just begins to steam, add the chocolate and sweetener (if using) and whisk continuously to melt.
- Continue to cook, whisking continuously, for 3 minutes total, then remove from the heat and pour into two small mugs.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
Per serving, unsweetened: 204 cal, 3.1 g protein, 19.3 g fat, 6.6 g carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 2.8 g NET carbs
Per serving, sweetened: 204 cal, 3.1 g protein, 19.3 g fat, 8.6 g carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 2 g sugar alcohol, 2.8 g NET carbs
Unsweetened almond milk may be used in place of the unsweetened coconut milk. This may increase the NET carb count by 1-2 g per serving, depending on the brand you choose.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Keywords: Parisian hot chocolate, drinking chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolat chaud