If you’ve paid attention to my social media this month, you may have noticed the recurring theme of getting back to basics. At the beginning of a new year, everyone is looking to fulfill resolutions, and the most popular New Year’s resolution is to start a new diet (or get back on track with a favorite one). While we look at keto as a lifestyle and not a quick fix, it would be silly to ignore the fact that folks may need help staying on track from time to time, or may even have run into some trouble during the insanity of the holiday season. So this January, I’m putting an emphasis on basic recipes to help people who are looking to get back into the swing of all things keto.
This week’s feature is a super quick and easy Creamy Caesar salad dressing. Let’s face it: when people get serious about keto, it usually means eating very simply. Which is awesome! At the same time, some folks get so into eating a plain piece of meat with some veg that they burn out quickly. That’s where recipes like this can swoop in to help keep your basic plate interesting (and super fatty!) while also making your palate quite happy!
The best part? It’s a dump and blend recipe, so there’s very little time and no cooking involved!
Notes: This recipe is awesome as is, but if you’d like to try a kicked-up variation, allow me to suggest using my Baconnaise recipe in place of the avocado oil mayo. The bacony flavor adds an extra layer of wonderful. Because bacon.
Another quick tip is that you can use as much or as little of the anchovy paste as you’d like. Personally, I like my Caesar dressing with a good deal of that salty, anchovy goodness, so I use the full tablespoon when I make this for my family. However, if you’re a bit more sensitive to fishiness, start with a tsp, taste it, and only add more if you think it’s needed. As always, feel free to make this in a way that works best for you and your tastebuds.
This recipe is extra awesome when made with my Baconnaise.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 oz grated Parmesan-Romano cheese
- 1 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 c + 2 tbsp. (approx. 3.68 fl oz/ 109 ml) good quality virgin OR extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (1 1/2 fl oz/ 44 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (1/2 fl oz/ 30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp avocado oil-based mayonnaise
- up to 1 tbsp. anchovy paste
- Add all the ingredients except anchovy paste to a food processor, or the blender cup of an emulsion blender.
- Beginning with the addition of 1 tsp of the anchovy paste, blend well and taste. If you like it as is, great! If you’d like a bit more anchovy, continue blending in more of the paste, adding up to a full tbsp. total.
- Use immediately, as desired, or transfer to a mason jar for refrigeration.
Per 2 tbsp.: 168 cal, 2.5 g protein, 17.7 g fat, 0.6 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0.6 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/ 30 ml)
Keywords: caesar, salad dressing, keto basics, easy, quick