Makes 4-6 servings.
- 2 large (10 oz/284 g each) cans chicken breast in water, drained and broken up into shreds
- 1 (10 oz/284 g) package frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted and drained
- 4 oz (113 g) shredded cheddar cheese (or shredded smoked Gruyère, if desired)
- 1 (4 oz/113 g) can mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 c (6 fl oz/177 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/118 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/118 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/59 ml) dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp glucomannan powder
- 1/2 oz (14 g) crushed pork rinds
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/14 g) salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare an 8×8” casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, lightly mix together the chicken, broccoli, and cheese. Set aside.
- In a blender or with an immersion blender, combine the mushrooms, heavy cream, mayonnaise, sour cream, wine, lemon juice, Seasoned Salt, and glucomannan, and blend until smooth.
- Scrape the blended sauce into the bowl with the chicken mixture and stir well to combine.
- Turn the mixture evenly out into the casserole dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed pork rinds and then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and the topping is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let stand to cool slightly, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Per 1/4 recipe: 672 cal, 31.9 g protein, 57.3 g fat, 9.1 g carbs, 2.8 g fiber, 6.3 g NET carbs
Per 1/6 recipe: 448 cal, 21.3 g protein, 38.2 g fat, 6 g carbs, 1.9 g fiber, 4.1 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/4 or 1/6 casserole
Keywords: Chicken divan, broccoli, cheese, cheese sauce, cheddar, gruyère, budget