- 20 oz (567 g) cucumber, rinsed and sliced (about 2 large)
- 4 oz (113 g) red onion, sliced (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried dill, or to taste
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) sour cream
- 3-6 tbsp. (1.5-3 fl oz/ 44-89 ml) white vinegar, to taste
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia, to taste, as desired
- Combine cucumber, red onion, and garlic in a lidded, long-ish casserole dish.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the remaining ingredients. Taste, and adjust vinegar and seasonings, as desired.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Make sure the cucumbers are mostly in one layer so they can marinate well in the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled and flavors have melded, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold.
This dish tastes better the longer it sits, so feel free to make it ahead of time.
Per 1/6 recipe: 58.6 cal, 1.3 g protein, 3.8 g fat, 5.8 g carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 4.5 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: cucumber salad, creamy cuke and onion, sides, vegetables