Another week at home, another super simple keto recipe. I make this low-carb coleslaw for the family fairly regularly, and with fresh vegetables pretty abundant at all my local grocers (be it in person or via delivery) this was the perfect choice of side for cookout night. It’s quick, easy, and changes just a bit depending on which one of my home made sauces I have on hand at the moment.
I think this tastes best with a sweet sauce, and have linked my Maple Bourbon BBQ Sauce as well as my Black Cherry BBQ Sauce, but feel free to use your family’s favorite bottled sauce instead if that’s what you have in the fridge or cabinet.Print
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) shredded tricolor coleslaw vegetables
- 1 oz (28 g) onion, diced
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) BBQ sauce (Maple Bourbon or Black Cherry )
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- Toss the coleslaw vegetables and onion together in a covered storage container or bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the BBQ mixture over the coleslaw and toss well to combine.
- Put the lid on and chill until cold, at least four hours.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Per 1/8 recipe: 35 cal, 0.8 g protein, 0.1 g fat, 7 g carbs, 1.5 g fiber, 2.3 g sugar alcohol, 3.2 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe