- 1 tbsp (1/5 fl oz/ 15 ml) avocado oil
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 jar (24 oz/ 680 g) Rao’s Marinara sauce (or similar, should be approx 4 carbs per 1/2 c serving)
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) water
- 14 oz (397 g) fresh “zoodles” (spiralized zucchini noodles)
- In a large saucepan, heat avocado oil over medium-high.
- Add sausage to saucepan and brown it, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Once sausage is completely browned, reduce heat to medium, add garlic to the pot and stir until fragrant, approx. 30 seconds.
- Stir in seasonings and pour in marinara sauce.
- Pour water into the sauce jar, put the lid on and shake. Pour the saucy liquid into the pot and stir well.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook ten minutes.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, maybe 3-5 minutes before completion, stir in the zoodles to heat through.
- Pull off the heat and serve hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese or your favorite spaghetti toppings.
Per 1/5 recipe: 373 cal, 19.9 g protein, 30.4 g fat, 7 g carbs, 0.9 g fiber, 6.1 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
Keywords: spaghetti, zoodles, Rao's, marinara, easy, weeknight, kid, family