Feel free to make this your own by adding a little extract or some spices. My favorite version was apple cinnamon.
- 48 g (approx. 2 scoops) Perfect Keto vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 large egg
- Coconut or avocado oil spray to grease the waffle iron
- (optional) 1/4-1/2 tsp each your favorite extract (apple is nice this time of year) and cinnamon or similar spices, if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder and baking powder.
- Add the sour cream and egg to the bowl (and any other flavorings you’d like) and whisk until it comes together into a smooth batter. It takes a good minute or so of whisking before it smooths out so don’t be concerned if it looks iffy when you start.
- In a pre-heated waffle iron (Dash or similar), lightly spray a little oil on the top and bottom of the iron then add approx. 2 tbsp batter and close the lid. Let it cook until it’s mostly stopped steaming and it looks golden and crisp when you lift the lid.
- Gently remove the cooked waffle and repeat, lightly spraying the waffle iron in between every 1-2 waffles to prevent sticking. You should get 6 small, round waffles per recipe.
- Serve as desired and enjoy!
Per serving (3 waffles): 185 cal, 18.9 g protein, 11.2 g fat, 3.7 g carbs.
Per recipe (6 waffles): 370 cal, 37.8 g protein, 22.3 g fat, 7.3 g carbs.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Keywords: Carnivore, waffles, whey, protein