- 7 oz (198 g) bag sugar-free white chocolate chips (I used Choc Zero brand)
- 1/2 c (4 of oz/118 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 c unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream and salt together over medium.
- When the cream is good and steaming, remove from the heat and add white chocolate chips and let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk very well until all the white chocolate is melted and incorporated into a smooth ganache.
- Whisk in peppermint extract.
- Put the saucepan in the refrigerator and let chill until the ganache is easily handled and rolled, approx 4 hours. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Once ganache is stiff enough to be rolled, roll teaspoons full (it’s ok to eyeball it) quickly into 24 truffles and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Tip: The rolling is easier- and less sticky- if you keep a small bowl or mug of cold water near and occasionally lightly wet your hands and fingers.
- Freeze the truffle balls for one hour. When you’re getting close to the end of the freezing time, add the dark cocoa powder to a small bowl.
- Remove from the freezer and quickly roll each truffle in the cocoa powder to coat well, then return to the wax paper and freeze again until as stiff as desired (approx 30 min to 1 hour more).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Per 1 truffle (1/24 of the recipe): 65 cal, 0.9 g protein, 4.9 g fat, 4.8 g carbs, 3.9 g fiber, 0.9 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
Keywords: Peppermint, chocolate, white chocolate, truffle, dark chocolate, Christmas, holiday, cookie bake, holiday party