This is one of the rare recipes on the site that uses volume ratios instead of weights. That’s because this recipe works best that way!
- 1/3 c powdered heavy cream (see notes for non-dairy options)
- 1/3 c powdered sweetener of your choice (I use powdered Swerve)
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, finely ground
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well until it’s completely combined and all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout.
- Transfer mixture to a Mason jar or other airtight container and store at room temperature.
To make hot cocoa:
- Heat 6-8 fl ounces (177-237 ml) your favorite unsweetened nut milk or diluted heavy cream to steaming in the microwave or on the stovetop, as desired.
- Stir in 1-2 tbsp of the mix, as desired, until completely dissolved.
- Add a splash of vanilla or peppermint extract, if desired.
For those who are avoiding dairy, feel free to use powdered coconut milk in place of the heavy cream. Be aware that will probably change the macronutrients info. Coconut milk has more natural sugar in it than heavy cream, so expect a higher carb count per tbsp mix with this substitution.
Per tbsp dry mix: 25 cal, 0.7 g protein, 3.7 g fat, 5.2 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 3.8 g sugar alcohol, 0.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp mix
Keywords: Hot cocoa, mix, chocolate, hot chocolate, beverages