- 1 can (8 oz/ 227 g) Palmini lasagna style palm noodles
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground pork sausage
- 1 oz (28 g) onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 oz/ 680 g) Rao’s Vodka Sauce (or your favorite low-carb vodka sauce)
- 12 oz (340 g) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 oz (28 g) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus 1-2 tbsp more for noodle boiling water
- 4 oz (113 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and prepare an 8×8” square casserole dish.
- Open the can of Palmini noodle sheets and drain them in a colander. Rinse well and separate the noodles gently with your fingers. There will be approximately 12 noodles in a can.
- In a large stock pot, bring a good amount of water to a boil. Add 1-2 tbsp salt and the Palmini noodles and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the Palmini noodles in a colander and set aside to cool while making your meat sauce.
- In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground sausage over medium-high, breaking it up well as it cooks.
- When the sausage is about half-browned, add the onion and garlic to the mixture and stir well to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage is cooked through.
- Pour the Vodka sauce into the meat mixture and stir well to combine. Let it cook at a simmer for minute or two to warm it through and let the flavors mingle a little. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese and stir well. Set aside.
To assemble the lasagna:
- Spread a very small amount of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer 3-4 Palmini noodles, covering as much of the bottom of the dish as you can. Spread the noodles evenly with 1/2 the ricotta mixture, then top with 1/3 the meat sauce and 1 oz shredded mozzarella.
- Begin your next layer with another 3-4 Palmini noodles, covering as well as you can and repeat the layers with remaining 1/2 ricotta, another 1/3 meat sauce, and 1 oz shredded mozzarella.
- Top as best you can with the remaining 3-4 Palmini noodles and press down lightly with the back of a spoon or your palms.
- Spoon the last 1/3 of the meat sauce over the noodles, then sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 oz shredded mozzarella and 1/2 oz Parmesan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and cheeses on top are melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 15 minutes before slicing into 6 equal squares.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Per square: 515 cal, 29.5 g protein, 37.8 g fat, 11.2 g carbs, 1.1 g fiber, 10.1 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Keywords: Lasagna, lasagna alla vodka, Palmini noodles