- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To make taco meat:
- In a large skillet, brown 2 lb fatty ground beef (75/25) over medium-high heat, breaking it up as you go.
- When the beef is cooked through, add the taco seasoning mix to the skillet and stir well to coat the beef.
- Add about 1/2 c water to the skillet, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it’s as dry as you like it. If you prefer your meat a little saucy, this will be about 5 minutes. If you like it less so, it will be closer to 10.
- Serve hot with all your favorite taco fixings!
Per serving (1/8 recipe) taco seasoning mixture: 5.6 cal, 0.3 g protein, 0.3 g fat, 1 carb, 0.5 g fiber, 0.5 g NET carbs
Per serving of seasoned beef (1/4 lb raw weight plus 1/8 recipe taco seasoning): 320 cal, 30.1 g protein, 20.9 g fat, 1 g carbs, 0.5 g fiber, 0.5 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Keywords: Tacos, taco seasoning, taco mix, taco meat, taco salad, Tex-mex