The holidays are coming, and that definitely means there will be parties. With parties, comes drinking. And with drinking comes all kinds of crazy, sugary concoctions that taste fabulous, but are most definitely not keto friendly.
I’ve never been a big drinker, but when I do imbibe I’ve always been more partial to the frou-frou sweet drinks. In fact, my favorites were the White Russian and the Chocolate Martini. Both of those are just slightly off limits on keto, so I decided to come up with a creamy, sweet, vodka concoction to get in my holiday party drink fix, while still remaining compliant.
To get the amazing flavor combo here, I paired chocolate-flavored MCT powder with some cream, vodka (of course), coffee (because coffee), and unsweetened vanilla hemp milk. Now, if you can’t find hemp milk, that’s totally ok. You can always replace it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but, in my opinion, the hemp milk is worth the effort to find. It’s got a very subtle, almost caramel flavor to it that really goes well with the mocha. A nice garnish of cinnamon on top makes for a pretty touch of color and enhances the MCT flavor just a hair.
A sweet alcoholic treat, fattened up and flavored with chocolate-flavored MCT oil powder.
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) unsweetened vanilla hemp milk (almond may be substituted, but hemp milk tastes better)
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) heavy cream
- 1 pony (1 fl oz/ 30 ml) vodka
- 1/8 c (1 fl oz/ 30 ml) blonde roast coffee concentrate, unsweetened
- 1 scoop (10 g) chocolate-flavored MCT powder, OR plain MCT powder + 1/4-1/2 tsp chocolate extract
- stevia drops, to taste, if desired
- a few ice cubes to shake and chill
- unsweetened dark cocoa powder to rim the glass, if desired
- ground cinnamon to garnish, if desired
- On a small plate, sprinkle a few tablespoons cocoa powder. Lightly wet the rim of your martini glass and roll in the cocoa powder to line the rim.
- Pour all liquid ingredients into your shaker. Add MCT powder and ice, and shake until blended.
- Strain into your prepared martini glass and garnish, as desired.
Flavors are easily swapped, so if you prefer the Salted Caramel to the Mexican Mocha, go right ahead and use it!
Per drink: 359 cal, 4.2.g protein, 28.9 g fat, 4.4 g carbs, 0.65 g fiber, 3.75 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 6 fl oz
Keywords: Holiday, beverages, mixed drinks, alcohol, martini, Mexican mocha