A ketofied version of my mom’s no fail recipe. Total carb count assumes 56 servings, and that you’ve added four tablespoons powdered sweetener. Changing number of servings or sweetener amount will affect total carbs.
- 2 (9 oz/ 255 g) bags Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips (18 oz/ 510 g total)
- 1 (13.66 oz/ 404 ml) can unsweetened coconut cream (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- generous pinch sea salt
- 1 c (approx. 4 oz/ 113 g) chopped pecans
- Up to 4 tbsp. confectioner’s Swerve (or powdered erythritol) (about 2 oz/ 57 g)
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking dish by lining with wax paper (yes, I do mean wax paper).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir to mix chocolate chips and coconut cream.
- Microwave chocolate and coconut cream mixture in ONE MINUTE increments at 50% power, stirring between each increment until all of the chocolate is just melted. It likely will not be a hot mixture. Just warm is fine as long as the chocolate is melted. Heating beyond this point will cause the chocolate to seize and/or burn. Don’t do that.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, and pecans and taste. If it needs to be sweeter, stir in powdered Swerve, 1 tbsp. at a time and tasting in between each addition, until it’s as sweet as desired.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and refrigerate 30 minutes or more, until set. The top may look a hair cloudy. That’s OK.
- Once the fudge is set and solid, remove from the fridge, pull out of baking dish and peel off the wax paper. Cut into approximately 56 small squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Be sure to heat at half power. Alternatively, you could melt the chocolate with the coconut cream over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove until just melted together. Add remaining ingredients once it’s off the heat.
Per 1 square: 60 cal, 0.9 g protein, 5.8 g fat, 7.4 g carbs, 2.8 g fiber, 3 g sugar alcohol, 1.6 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 square (1/56 of the recipe)
Keywords: no fail, fudge, chocolate, easy, holiday