- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground beef
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground sausage
- 1.2 oz ( 35 g) crushed pork rinds (about a cup crushed)
- 1.2 oz (35 g) yellow onion, diced
- 1.2 oz (35 g) green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small can (8 oz/ 227 g) tomato sauce, divided if desired
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a roasting pan rack by wrapping the rack in aluminum foil, then poking several sets of holes in the foil (to allow the grease to drain), then put the rack back into the roasting pan. Set aside 1 tbsp tomato sauce, if desired, to brush on top of meatloaf.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground sausage, pork rinds, egg, tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and thyme with your hands until well incorporated.
- Turn out onto the foil-covered roasting rack and form into a loaf.
- Brush the top with reserved tomato sauce, if desired, then bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until an instant thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest ten minutes before slicing.
If you can find the Epic brand BBQ flavored pork rinds, they are excellent in this recipe for a little extra zip! Because my kids like ketchup, I usually throw the whole can of tomato sauce into the meat mixture, and top my pre-baked loaf with a little zig-zag of sugar-free ketchup.
Per serving: 382.2 cals, 28.5 g protein, 27.8 g fat, 2.3 g carbs, 0.6 g fiber, 1.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
Keywords: meatloaf, beef, sausage, main course, keto, easy, family, comfort