To minimize waste, you may cut the pie crust recipe in half, if desired. This recipe was formulated using an old family one, thus I used volume measurements.
- 1 recipe Salted Caramel Pie Crust
- 1 c (8 fl oz/237 ml) liquid allulose (I used Wholesome Sweeteners brand)
- 1/2 c brown sweetener, packed (I prefer Sukrin Gold, but Swerve Brown works, too)
- 3 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz/43 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (if desired)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 c raw pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare a 9” pie plate.
- Make the Salted Caramel Pie Crust, roll it out as directed, and turn it into the pie plate. Cut off any excess that overlaps the outer rim of the pie plate and discard scraps.
- Par-bake the pie crust at 350° F for 7 minutes and then remove from oven and let stand while mixing the filling. The pie will be easier to get into and out of the oven without sloshing or spilling if you put the pie plate on a baking sheet, so do that now, if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients except pecans. Make sure the mixture is well-incorporated.
- Spread the pecans evenly into the par-baked pie crust, then evenly pour the filling mixture over the pecans. Cover the edges with a pie shield (highly recommended!).
- Bake the pie at 350° F for 30-45 minutes, or until the filling is set and solidified on top.
- Remove from the oven and let stand until room temperature.
- Serve as desired and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Per slice (1/10 recipe): 370 cal, 10.7 g protein, 34 g fat, 37.7 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 11.7 g sugar alcohol, 18 g allulose sweetener, 4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/10 pie
Keywords: Pecan pie, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Pie