3.8 g NET carbs per serving
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) avocado oil
- 48 g yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 oz (567 g) bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 10 oz (284 g) can original Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 oz queso fresco (Mexican crumbling cheese), crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Add the riced cauliflower, Seasoned Salt, and can of Rotel (juice and all) to the skillet and continue cooking over medium, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated, about ten minutes or so.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with queso fresco and cilantro.
- Serve hot.
I use frozen caulirice a lot out of convenience, but feel free to use fresh, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 109
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
Keywords: Sides, cauliflower, Tex-Mex, Mexican, vegetables, vegetarian