This recipe was formulated using volume measurements, thus that is how it’s written.
For the loaf (dry):
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour (I use King Arthur brand)
- 1/2 cup, packed, brown sweetener (I use Swerve Brown)
- 2 scoops (20 g) plain, unflavored collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
For the loaf (wet):
- 1 stick (4 oz/113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/118 ml) heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia (I use Sweetleaf)
For the icing:
- 1/2 brick (4 oz/113 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener (I use Swerve Confectioner’s), sifted to remove any clumps
- 5 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract (you may replace with more vanilla if desired)
- pinch fine sea salt
- additional cinnamon, to garnish, if desired
To make the loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9” x 5” loaf pan by lining it with parchment, leaving some hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and gently fold together with a rubber or silicone spatula until just combined. Repeat with the second half of the dry ingredients and fold again until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and gently shake the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, until cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let stand in the loaf pan 10 minutes to cool.
- Gently remove from the loaf pan with the parchment and let stand on a cooling rack until completely cool.
Make the icing:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the liquid stevia, sea salt, and vanilla and maple extracts and cream again to combine.
- Beat in powdered sweetener, a tbsp at a time, until well combined.
To finish the loaf:
- Spread the icing evenly over the top of the loaf.
- Dust the top with ground cinnamon to garnish, if desired.
- Let chill in the refrigerator (to set the icing) 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Slice and serve, as desired, and enjoy!
- Stores up to a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Per slice (1/15 of the cake): 224 cal, 6.8 g protein, 20.6 g fat, 15.2 g carbs, 1.9 g fiber, 10.6 g sugar alcohols, 2.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/15 of the cake)
Keywords: spice cake, cream cheese frosting, dessert, holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas