This is quite the treat! It’s warm and comforting, and the radishes stand in quite well for potato in this classically carby dish. If you prefer, you may use daikon radishes here, but I went with plain old red radish and just peeled them well.
Slow Cooker Fauxtato Stroganoff was a hit with my family, and as easy as it is to throw together it may end up being one of your fall favorites, too!Print
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) ground beef
- 1.7 oz (48 g) diced onion
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) radish, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 c (4 oz/ 113 g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 4 oz (113 g) cream cheese, cubed or cut into chunks
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Once it’s started giving off its juices, add the onion and 1/2 tsp garlic salt and continue to cook through. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker, layer prepped radish rounds, mushrooms, then the ground beef mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beef broth, sour cream, Dijon mustard, remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and chives. Whisk together until the sour cream is well-mixed into the broth.
- Whisk the glucomannan powder into the broth mixture, then pour evenly over the layered mixture in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for four to six hours, or until radishes are tender.
- Stir the mixture together then ladle out a good 1/2 c to 1 c of the liquid into a blender or immersion blender cup.
- Add the cream cheese to the liquid in the blender or immersion blender cup and run until cheese has fully melted and is smoothly emulsified in the liquid.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture back into the pot and stir well.
- Serve hot.
Per 1/6 recipe: 340.6 cal, 26 g protein, 22.8 g fat, 7.9 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 5.7 g NET carbs
Keywords: slow cooker, beef, stroganoff