- 1 small can (8 fl oz/227 g) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/237 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to reduce and thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Use immediately, as desired, or store in an airtight jar in the fridge until ready to use. The acid from the tomato and the salt content should help it keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
Per every 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml): 13 cal, 1.3 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 2.1 g carbs, 0.6 g fiber, 1.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml)
Keywords: Enchilada sauce, Tex-mex, enchiladas, easy, week night, quick, kid-friendly