My daughter loves ranch dressing. When I say she loves it, I mean she eats it with her food at lunch and dinner probably three-to-five days per week. I am always making my Ranch Dip, which is great, except as an adult, I don’t want ranch all the time. Sometimes I like a good Creamy Caesar. Sometimes I want something different entirely. Thus was born this light and tangy dressing.
Tangy Tomato Dressing is pretty much everything promised in its title. A little sweet, a little zingy, a little onion-y, and definitely tomato-y. It makes a great drizzle on top of a light side salad (accompanying your steamy and heavy autumn comfort food, of course!), and it keeps pretty well in the fridge for about a week.
Notes: My family’s favorite brand of No Sugar Added ketchup is the Heinz. It does have a little sucralose as the sweetener (acceptable but upon which many people frown), but it is otherwise very clean, and it tastes the best to us. I like my ketchup a little sweet and vinegary and while the other friendly brands are totally acceptable, they’re also usually way too sweet for our tastes. Your mileage may vary on that, so if you prefer a different brand, just keep in mind that this was formulated with a ketchup that is a bit less sweet and taste it before you add any more.
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/59 ml) avocado oil
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml) no sugar added ketchup (I use Heinz)
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sweetener, or to taste
- 1 tsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a mason jar, combine all ingredients except sweetener.
- Put the lid on and shake well to mix.
- Take the lid off and taste. If it’s not sweet enough, add a little then put the lid on and shake again. Repeat tasting and add additional sweetener to your taste, up to 2 tsp total if desired, then shake.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Shake briefly to mix well before serving.
- Will keep chilled for up to a week.
Per 1 tbsp: 66 cal, 0 g protein, 7.1 g fiber, 1.1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0.8 g sugar alcohol (sweetener), 0.3 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Keywords: Dressing, salad, tangy tomato, sauce, easy, quick